NC State Charcuterie School 2020
Workshop will be held February 3, 10, 17 & 24
This short course is designed for the professional chef or anyone in the food industry that wants to learn the art and science of making high quality cured meats. The main focus will be how to combine elements of salt and time to create love!
To accommodate your busy schedule, this workshop will be held on Monday afternoons from 1:00–5:30 pm. Enrollment will be limited to 12 people, so you will have ample opportunity to interact with the instructors.
North Carolina State University’s Processed Meat Laboratory has the equipment to demonstrate the various techniques to produce high quality and safe charcuterie.
Products Made at NC State Charcuterie School:
Coppa, Pancetta, Lomo, Spanish Style Chorizo, Italian Style Salami, Summer Sausage, German Bratwurst, Cajun Boudin, Pit Smoked Ham, South African Boerewors, and Hickory Smoked Bacon.
• Basic meat science and pork carcass cutting
• Classification of different sausages
• Production of various fresh, dry and semi-dry sausages
• Introduction to dry cured whole muscle specialty meats
• Development of a HACCP plan and variance for NCREHS