NC State Charcuterie School 2017
Two workshops will be offered in 2017.
Session 1 will be held January 23, 30, February 6 & February 13
Session 2 will be held February 27, March 13, March 20 & March 27
This short course is designed for the professional chef or anyone in the food industry that wants to learn the art and science of make high quality cured meats. The main focus will be how to combine elements of salt and time to create love!
To accommodate your busy schedule, this workshop will be held on Monday afternoons from 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm. Enrollment will be limited to 15 people, so you will have ample opportunity to interact with the instructors. North Carolina State University’s Processed Meat Laboratory has the equipment to demonstrate the various techniques to make high quality and safe charcuterie.
Topics will include:
• Basic meat science and pork carcass cutting
• Classification of different sausages
• Microbiology and chemistry of dry and semidry sausage
• Use of starter cultures
• Production of various fresh, dry and semi-dry sausages
• Introduction to dry cured whole muscle specialty meats
• Development of a HACCP plan and variance for NCREHS
Use the links below to register:
NC State Charcuterie School Session 1 – (Starting date of January 23, 2017)
NC State Charcuterie School Session 2 – (Starting date of February 27, 2017)