How to Access and Review the Food Safety Basics for Artisan Cheesemakers Course
Step 1: Create an Account with Reporter
- Go to https://reporter.ncsu.edu/link/instanceview?courseID=CALS-FS-ONL-CHEE&deptName=CALS&instanceID=000001
- Click “Enroll Now”
- Click “Proceed to Cart”
- Click “Checkout”
- Click on “No account? Sign up here”
- Create an account by entering your e-mail address and a password
Step 2: Purchase the Course Using a 100% Discount Code
- Sign into reporter.ncsu.edu by using the your e-mail address as the username and your password. Use the “Non-Unity Login” field instead of “Unity Login.”
- Enter the discount code, CHEESE (all upper caps), and click “Apply,” and then click “Ok”
- Check the box, “I have read and agree to the registration policies”
- Click “Checkout”
- Click “Go to My Course”
Step 3: Log into the Course
- The username for logging into the course will be DIFFERENT than the one you used to purchase the course in Step 2 above. Check your e-mail for a message from “Moodle Administrator.” This message will provide your username and password for logging into the course.
- Go to https://moodle-projects.wolfware.ncsu.edu
- Click on “Guest Login” (do NOT click on “Student/Faculty/Staff Login”)
- Log in using the username and password that were provided in the e-mail from Moodle Administrator
- Enter the course by clicking the link, “Food Safety Basics for Artisan Cheesemakers”
Step 4: Review the Course
- Begin with the “Orientation and Directions.” Provide any feedback you have by clicking the link on the course homepage (https://moodle-projects.wolfware.ncsu.edu/course/view.php?id=3170) that says “Click here to provide feedback on items other than the lessons and quizzes.”
- Click “Lesson 1” to review it.
- “Quiz 1” will become available after you complete the entire module for Lesson 1, which means you must navigate all the way through the very last slide.
- Provide feedback on Lesson 1 by clicking “Click here to provide feedback on Lesson 1”
- Repeat steps 2-4 for Lessons 2-4
- Please note the following:
- The course is designed so students must complete Lesson 1 before you can attempt Quiz 1, which means students must navigate all the way through the very last slide. Then students may attempt Quiz 1. Lesson 2 will become available after students pass Quiz 1 with a grade of 70% or higher, and they may attempt Quiz 1 as many times as they need to. The same pattern applies throughout the rest of the lessons and quizzes. Participants will get an e-mail with a PDF of their certificate after they successfully complete all five lessons five quizzes.
- Lesson 5 and Quiz 5 are in development and will be ready for review soon.
- We need your help in writing questions for Quizzes 1-4. Ideally, we would like to have a question bank of > 20 questions for each quiz. This way, we can make each quiz pulls 5-10 randomly selected questions for each quiz.